Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall in love








Growing up in New England, the fall season has always been the most magical time of year to me. The smell of leaves that have changed colors, the crisp bite to the air, the golden sunlight that casts an intoxicating glow across all that it touches, the sound of the wind blowing past empty tree branches, the crunching beneath your feet....well, it's all equivocal to feeling of love for me. And not so surprisingly, I have always fallen in love in the autumn. It turns out, it's not just me. I read an article last year that explained why it's written into our DNA to search out a partner before the winter hits, but nevertheless I continue to bubble over with complete joy as the first leaves begin to change color and fill with love the first time I hear a crunch beneath my feet.

~Lola Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment